On Feminism and Feminists of Myanmar's Freedom Struggle, Asia Art Tours Podcast
I talked with Matt at Asia Art Tour for a discussion on growing up in Myanmar & Myanmar's freedom struggle against a brutal military dictatorship. The main theme of our discussion is on Feminism as it relates to the protests vs. patriarchy as it relates to the Military & Buddhist Nationalists in Myanmar.
Some of our conversation points are:
- The history of Feminism in Myanmar and past freedom struggles.
- Feminist tactics of resistance in the current protests.
- How Feminists in the country saw the rule of Aung San Suu Kyi
- How Patriarchy is a negative solidarity between the Military & Buddhist Nationalists
- And how Feminists globally can support Myanmar's freedom struggle without talking over local feminists.
To help Myanmar and its protesters, Chu recommended the following resources:
1. Mutual Aid Myanmar https://mutualaidmyanmar.org
2. I support Myanmar https://isupportmyanmar.com
3. Chu is also a member of the diasporic activist collective called Baydar. https://baydarcollective.org